TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Hirer is to ensure no traces of prohibited items are contained in any load brought into our bins without notification and that no prohibited waste items are unloaded, tipped or spilled into the bins. Melville Bin Hire – does not accept any liquid waste, medical or sanitary waste, food waste, hazardous chemicals and any toxic substances. No Asbestos, No tyres, No Oils, and No Flammable Liquids.
The Hirer is responsible for ensuring no contamination of land; groundwater or air takes place and is liable for all clean up, decontamination costs and charges associated with the removal of prohibited items that have entered any of the land fill sites knowingly or unknowingly to comply with the health Act and Contaminated Sites Act.
If the depositor of waste materials to which these terms and conditions relate is not the Customer, the depositor warrants that he is authorised to contract with Melville Bin Hire on behalf of the customer.
The Hirer is responsible for knowing and providing details regarding the source location of waste material being bought into the bins and collected for disposal.
THE WASTE USER
The Hirer releases Melville Bin Hire and its employees from liability for all loss or damage what so ever arising (including loss or damage from death, bodily injury or damage to property) in respect of or resulting from Customer’s use of our service) or any negligent acts or omissions of Melville Bin Hire, its employees or subcontractors in the operation of Melville Bin Hire.
SKIP BIN SERVICES
The Contractor/driver shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever caused to the Customer or to the property and/or goods of the Customer whether such loss or damage was caused by acts, defaults or negligence on the part of the Contractor or otherwise. All goods are handled, lifted and/or earned entirely or Owner’s risk.
All charges shall be paid by the Hirer and shall be deemed to paid within seven (7) days of the date set for payment or, if no date is set for payment, within seven (7) days of delivery.
The Hirer is responsible for marking out the work and the equipment is hired only on the following conditions.
- Melville Bin Hire is not responsible for damages to property, foundations, cables, ect. caused when working within the Hirers instructions.
- Melville Bin Hire is not responsible for any expenses whatsoever incurred through breakdown or other delays.
- Requests for credit will not be considered unless a commercial application is completed and approved prior to hire.
- Interest will be charged on overdue accounts.
- Melville Bin Hire need not commence work until the Agreement has been accepted by the Hirer and agreed on a COD payment term.
- Acceptance by the Hirer of these Terms and Conditions is Agreement will constitute acceptance by the Hirer of these Terms and Conditions.
- Verbal Confirmation – In the absence of a written Agreement and for practical purposes it is agreed that verbal confirmation shall also be binding upon confirming and accepting the booking made.
- Asbestos found in a Melville Bin Hire’s skip bin concealed by the hirer will result in the bin being returned to property and hirer will have to take out all asbestos by hand. If the asbestos is throughout the bin contents it will be emptied onsite for sorting before it can be disposed of. Please note there is NO waste disposal area that will allow this type of mixed bin with asbestos to be accepted. There may also be additional costs for the additional transport on top of the original bin price.
- Concealment of Hazardous waste in Skip Bins is Illegal and penalties do apply by law.
Bins – Delivery of the bins shall be made to the Hirer’s nominated address. The Hirer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the bins whenever they are tendered for delivery. Delivery of bins to a third party nominated by the Hirer is deemed to be delivery to the Hirer for the purpose of this agreement. The failure of Melville Bin Hire to deliver shall not entitle either party to treat this contract as repudiated. Melville Bin Hire shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever due to the failure by Melville Bin Hire to deliver the bins (or any part of them) promptly or at all.
Time for Payment – The Hirer will receive a request for payment at the time a booking is made. Melville Bin Hire’s terms are COD from delivery date of the bins and must pay Melville Bin Hire the total amount set out at the time Melville Bin Hire agrees to the booking.
- Interest – Melville Bin Hire may charge interest at 2.5% per calendar month on amounts not paid.
- Dishonoured Cheques – will attract an administration fee including, but not limited to charges levied by banks and other financial institutions.
- Damages – The Hirer must pay to Melville Bin Hire any costs, expenses or losses incurred by Melville Bin Hire as a result of the Hirer’s failure to pay to Melville Bin Hire all sums outstanding as owed by the Hirer to Melville Bin Hire including without limiting the generality of the forgoing any debt collection and legal costs incurred in enforcing payment on a Solicitor and own customer basis.
- In the event of non-payment, bankruptcy or insolvency all waste is deemed to belong to the Hirer until payment is made and Melville Bin Hire reserves the right to unload their bins at the Hirer’s site prior to removal and remove their bins from the Hirer’s site.
Melville Bin Hire will provide a refund of fees paid if:
- Failure of Melville Bin Hire to deliver your skip.
- Customer cancels skip delivery provided the job has not been dispatched. A service change would apply if the skip has already been dispatched or delivered. Service charge includes all charges incurred prior to disposal of the waste at the Landfill or Waste Transfer Disposal -. To avoid service charges please notify us as soon as possible if you intend to cancel your skip by calling 9317 8500.
- Refunds can only be made to the credit card details supplied at time of booking. A refund will be processed within 2 business days less a $12.00 booking fee.
Melville Bin Hire is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your orders, provide you with invoices (if applicable) and to personalise your shopping experience with us.
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address,” and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself.
When purchasing from Melville Bin Hire your financial details are passed through a secure banking server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
Queries/disputes relating to invoices and/or statements received by the Account Holder should be reported to Melville Bin Hire office within seven (7) days of receipt of said invoice and/or statement.
The Hirer shall contact Melville Bin Hire, within twenty four (24) hours of delivery to site, should the bins not match the specifications confirmed on the order.
RETENTION OF TITLE
Melville Bin Hire bins remain the property of Melville Bin Hire at all times.
The Hirer shall indemnify Melville Bin Hire from any loss or damage to Melville Bin Hire bins while in the Hirer’s care.
The Hirer shall not remove, deface or cover up identifying marks, nor shall the Hirer cause to remove the bins from their initial location without prior approval from Melville Bin Hire.
Over filled bins may require sorting and/or unloading to ensure they comply with transport requirements. Any action will be at the sole discretion of Melville Bin Hire driver and may incur a fee.
The Hirer shall indemnify Melville Bin Hire from costs should bins be ordered and delivered and subsequently not be required by the Hirer or the specific drop off location offered by the Hirer in the opinion of Melville Bin Hire driver be deemed to be unsafe or inaccessible. Melville Bin Hire may claim the portion of the service already provided to the Hirer.
Melville Bin Hire reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee for excessive amounts of paint, plaster, grano and other such products disfiguring the exterior of the bins.
In the event of a non-approved use and/or relocation of the bins by the Hirer, Melville Bin Hire reserves the right at all times at access the site to remove or recover the bins and charge the Hirer for:
- Any damage to Melville Bin Hire bins;
- Any expense incurred in recovering and/or removing the bins.
- Travelling time may be charged when the time and distance exceeds those normally allowed for in the Agreement. Melville Bin Hire will notify the Hirer when confirming the hire.
- An additional charge may be incurred when clear and/or safe access is not available to Melville Bin Hire driver when delivering or removing bins, resulting in Melville Bin Hire’s driver needing to wait until the access problem is rectified or having to return to site at a later time.
- The Hirer shall indemnify Melville Bin Hire from any damage to property caused in the execution of the delivery or removal of bins when clear access has not been made available by the Hirer.
- A longer rental period may be incurred if the location selected by the Hirer subsequently proves to be inaccessible due to weather conditions.
- The Hirer shall indemnify Melville Bin Hire from damage caused to truck tyres should the Hirer or their representative instruct Melville Bin Hire’s driver to drive over objects that may reasonably be considered to have contributed to such damage.
- All dollars are in AUS$
- Physical Address : 8 Bowen St O’connor